CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

{#12} The Paper Variety Challenge #21 : Card Sketch!

Hi, it's my week again at The Paper Variety blog and this week challenge is Card Sketch! Abby from The Paper Variety has a lovely sketch for you to work on, here is the sketch...


and here is my card using the sketch....





I know Valentine's day has passed but it doesn't mean you can't make something with love theme right? :D

And finally I broke my tattered angels mist for this card, I'm still not sure how to use it because you can see there's some spot caused by the mist! If any of you know how to use mist perfectly please let me know! :)

I was inspired by Yarn flower video tutorial by Suzanne at TPV blog and I decided to make the heart shape from jewelery cord, using the same technique, first I punch out a heart shape and then I covered the paper with glue and start assembling the cord from the inside. I cut the Elephant from Paisley cartridge(sorry I forgot the size!) and I printed out the sentiment. 

For any of you who decided to have fun with us over the TPV blog, this week prize is Amazing! It's a Citrus Tree Studio Kit


Isn't they looks pretty? I love the patterned they have! and don't forget to link up your project at TPV blog before next Tuesday noon! I can't wait to see what you gonna come up with! Oh and be sure to check out another DT cards they all looks fabulous!!

Have a wonderful scrappy day!!


Card recipe :
- Echo Park Paper "Little Girl" line.
- Bazzill cardstock.
- Paisley cartridge for the Elephant and envelope.
- Ribbon from my stash.
- Tattered angels glimmer mist.
- Pink jewelery cord from my stash.
- Martha Stewart edge punch.
- Black pen.



2 comments:

patti west

You are so cute Suzy...and so is your card!! :) Love the "you've got mail" sentiment. Original & fun! The tiny covered heart is genius. As for the mist, haha!! Misting is one technique that if you ask me, takes practice and trial and error. Your misting looks great though! I like it when there are bigger marks of mist mixed in w/more subtle sprays. Wonderful mix of techniques on your card, Suzy! :)

lisaplus6

i love your card suzy!! the tiny heart is super sweet and the sentiment is adorable!!

Post a Comment

I love reading all comments, please do leave one and Thanks for visiting! :)